Small Changes Add Up to Big Results
Written By Kara Purves in the Benicia Herald Newspaper
Here are some simple, small tweaks you can make today that will add up to big results in the long-run. Focus on the small, daily habits:
1) Instead of eating an entire dessert on your own, share it with someone.
2) Take the stairs instead of the elevator/escalator whenever possible.
3) Drink a glass of water with every snack and meal.
4) Wake up and stretch! Do a few jumping jacks or push ups, and get the blood flowing.
5) When you feel stressed, angry, or overwhelmed, go for a short walk or run. Even 15 minutes can make a difference in your mood and mindset.
6) Floss your teeth at least once a day.
7) Sit up straight, and get up from your chair every 30 minutes.
8) Substitute the french fries for vegetables or salad. Get fruit instead of a dessert. Bring your own snacks into the movie theater.
9) Learn and play a new game, activity, or sport at least once a year.
10) Set aside 5-10 minutes a day for yourself. Alone, uninterrupted me-time. Even just a few minutes can help you reconnect and focus.
The workouts are only a small portion of living a quality of life. We need to be conscious and intentional outside of the gym, as well. Small, daily, positive habits can add up to great things. It does not always require quantity for it to have a large impact on your life. Sometimes, the small things are what matters most.
WOD for TUESDAY 071117:
T2B / High Knees / V-ups
Janda Sit Ups