If you’re still on the fence about our Barbell Club (weightlifting), especially all you ladies who are afraid of getting “bigger and bulkier,” here’s some facts about weightlifting to seriously consider:
“If you want to lose fat or change your body, one of the most important things you can do is lift weights. Diet and cardio are equally important, but when it comes to changing how your body looks, weight training wins hands down. If you’ve hesitated to start a strength training program, it may motivate you to know that lifting weights can:
- Help raise your metabolism. Muscle burns more calories than fat, so the more muscle you have, the more calories you’ll burn all day long.
- Strengthen bones, especially important for women
- Make you stronger and increase muscular endurance
- Help you avoid injuries
- Increase your confidence and self-esteem
- Improve coordination and balance”
So, we have this amazing coach named Jasha Faye, and he leads our Barbell class every Saturday @ 2:00pm in the afternoon.
For prices and more info, visit our website page: http://www.crossfit707.com/weightlifting-club
IMPORTANT UPDATE: NO BBC this weekend (6/2 & 6/3)!! Starting next weekend, we will only have BBC on Saturdays @ 2:00pm. NO MORE SUNDAYS!
WOD for SATURDAY 060212:
30 min AMRAP
10 High Five Burpees
20 Box Jumps (“I go, you go” pattern)
30 MB Sit ups (“I go, you go”)
200m Barbell Carry